Using myViewBoard in Distance Learning
myViewBoard is optimized for distance learning, allowing educators to interact with their students even if they are not present in the same physical location.
Distance learning is any form of remote education where the student is not physically present for the lesson. With a variety of course types to choose from, there is a rise in flexible and affordable education options. In fact, there are a number of advantages of learning remotely over even traditional teaching models. To learn more, see the following resources:
How to add distant participant in my view board sessions
To host a myViewBoard session:
Sign in to https://myviewboard.com, and click on the 'Start a myViewBoard session' icon. Click on the upper right side to see your session ID. Click the session ID to see more sharing options.
The next window provides three options to join a myViewBoard session:
- Login code - participants who are in the same room as the host
- QR code - best for users who are using mobile devices
- URL link - send through instant messaging.
Distribute the code to all participants, and wait for them to join the session using one of the options above.
Now, the participants are able to join your myViewBoard session. To do this, the participant must do the following:
- Go to https://myviewboard.com and click on the 'Join a myViewBoard session' icon. Signing in is not required.
- On the new window, provide a name and a log in code. The log in code is the session ID provided by your myViewBoard host.
More Information: https://wiki.myviewboard.com/MyViewBoard_Training_Guide
Thank you, Martin