AirPlay security code issue in MacOS

• My ViewBoard is completely up-to-date with software and firmware.

What works: When I AirPlay from my iOS and iPadOS devices, the ViewBoard will present me with a 6-digit passcode and I will receive a prompt on my device to enter said 6-digit passcode.

What doesn't work: In MacOS when I attempt the same procedure, the ViewBoard will present me with a 6-digit passcode. HOWEVER, on my Mac, I'm only presented with room for a 4-digit passcode.

I'm not sure if this is an MacOS glitch or a ViewBoard glitch. I also wish you could save the AirPlay passcode on the ViewBoard, so that I can randomly swap devices without typing in the code all of the time. This isn't business critical, because I could just bring in an old AppleTV to do the same thing in my classroom. Thank you in advance for any advice.

• Hi Michael:

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I think it could be an issue with ViewBoard Cast.

We will try to reproduce the issue and report it to our developers.

I will keep you updated.

• @michael-roesser You can go to ViewBoard Cast Settings set to "PIN disable" then won't need to typing connecting PIN code all of the time.

d30fa57b-c3ef-4513-a954-132226c046c9-image.png

• Hi Michael:

"What doesn't work: In MacOS when I attempt the same procedure, the ViewBoard will present me with a 6-digit passcode. HOWEVER, on my Mac, I'm only presented with room for a 4-digit passcode."

Could it be possible that the 4-digit passcode was not the passcode from ViewBoard? Could it be from somewhere else for example Apple TV?

Can you attach a screen shot of the 4-digit passcode and the 6-digit passcode here?

Thank you.

• @joe-yang-viewsonic-com I'm pretty sure that setting only applies to the ViewSender app when I tried it earlier. But I will try it again and let you know.

Mike

• @frank-chu-viewsonic-com said in AirPlay security code issue in MacOS:

Hi Michael:

"What doesn't work: In MacOS when I attempt the same procedure, the ViewBoard will present me with a 6-digit passcode. HOWEVER, on my Mac, I'm only presented with room for a 4-digit passcode."

Could it be possible that the 4-digit passcode was not the passcode from ViewBoard? Could it be from somewhere else for example Apple TV?

Can you attach a screen shot of the 4-digit passcode and the 6-digit passcode here?

Thank you.

I will throw together a video with screen shots and get back to you soon.

• @michael-roesser said in AirPlay security code issue in MacOS:

@frank-chu-viewsonic-com said in AirPlay security code issue in MacOS:

Hi Michael:

Thank you.

I will throw together a video with screen shots and get back to you soon.

I can't seem to upload anything without it generating an error.

• @joe-yang-viewsonic-com Thanks. That did the trick for AirPlay. Though I would like that 4-to-6 password issue fixed eventually. I don't want students jumping into my ViewBoard unannounced. Could be very problematic.