• Pro-Tips for leading a training:

• Don’t go too fast.
    • Don’t be afraid to repeat or ask if they would like to see that again.
    • Plan for questions.
    • Provide hands-on opportunities.
    • Provide resources for them to leave with. Things like a note taking guide, videos, or step by step instructions.

Things I loved about trainings I have attended before:

• Being able to try what I am learning and ask questions along the way.
    • Walking away with resources that I can refer to later.

Things I disliked about trainings I have attended before:

• A presenter who doesn’t allow for questions throughout the training.
    • A presenter who moves too quickly.
    • A presenter who won’t share resources and that requires me to have to write everything down.

• @edith-fogarty I completely agree about clearly explained goals in the initial advertisement. I think that is so helpful so the attendees understand what they will learn from the session before they even walk in the door. I would like to try to include this more in my future session descriptions to help future attendees. Thank you for sharing!

• @mangk I completely agree. Knowing your audience is key. This way you can start where they are. How do you do this at the beginning of a session?

• @dan-sharpe-gedu-demo-viewsonic-com
    Pro tips: Be ON TIME and ready 10 minutes BEFORE the training is to start. Greet participants and have a method to learn names. Make sure materials and agenda are not overwhelming! KNOW YOUR AGENDA and be mindful of the clock. Allow "practice" time or time to interact with the material and have participants develop a next step for this information. Provide follow-up information, material, contact info, etc.

I love the trainings where I walk away with new knowledge that has made the time worth-while. Engaging presenters, Bite-sized pieces of information at a time, time to figure out where/how this information could be used, and handouts of the information presented to refer to when home.

Too much information presented in a sit-and-get style. No interaction with others or presenter. Surface-level understanding of topic with no ability to move to more advanced material. Presenter READING presentation to participants without further explanation or antidotes. No time to figure out how this material could be used outside of the training.

• @karen-griffin I love the idea of exit tickets or next step stickys for all learners - even adult learners! I find this allows me to circle back to these participants on a one-on-one basis.

• @christine-carlson-k12-sd-us
    yes I'm agree with you
    must the time be useful to gain more information in educational and entertainment environment.

i'm glad to be a part of training Arab teachers this new technology and they love it and we still contact to gain more info or solve problem

• Ik ben denk ik de eerste die in het Nederlands hier gaat reageren. Hopelijk reageren er meer in deze taal ;-).

Allerbelangrijkste is aansluiting bij het publiek. Lastig omdat er grote verschillen zijn in vaardigheden en manier van gebruik.
    Als het om basisvaardigheden gaat (de knoppencursus) dan is het wel te doen. Bij gevorderd gebruik is onderscheid in vakgroepen erg belangrijk. Ga bijvoorbeeld de talendocenten niet belasten met wiskundegereedschappen.

Voor mij is het heel belangrijk dat de cursusleider niet allerlei zijpaadjes in gaat of zich in laat leiden. Parkeer vragen die er op dat moment niet toe doen.

• @kainm I completely agree with this. A good exit ticket summarizes what has been treated just as well and that works when stored in working memory.

• @dan-sharpe-gedu-demo-viewsonic-com I love trainers who are enthusiastic about what they are teaching. Are funny and enjoy what they are doing, also the ones who interact with the public.
    Somethings that I dislike about some is when they are reading and just boring. It seems like they are there just for the pay and not enjoying the class. Making it not enjoyable fo the public.

• @kainm Thanks for mentioning time importance. Not only arriving on time, but making sure that everything is working as it should.